BEAUTY

BABY

NUTRITION

Sunday, August 11

A secret to vibrant health....

We all want to be healthy and we strive for it in different ways. Covering all our bases is essential to get that glowing skin, those high energy levels and that great feeling of being satisfied in your own body. After all, it is our temple!

Something I have discovered along my health and fitness journey is the wonderful benefits of smoothies. And no, I'm not talking about smoothies from fast food joints....I'm talking about home made healthfood smoothies! They are great because you can get creative and they can even be healthy meal replacements if you're trying to slim down.

Today I got home from the gym and was craving something that would help detoxify me after a sweaty workout and there's no better way to detox than from the inside out!

Personally I find that I don't eat enough dark leafy greens so I sneak them into my smoothies! It adds concentrated nutrients to my smoothie and really doesn't alter the taste very much. 

"Dark green leafy vegetables are, calorie for calorie, probably the most concentrated source of nutrition of any food. They are a rich source of minerals (including iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium) and vitamins, including vitamins K, C, E, and many of the B vitamins. They also provide a variety of phytonutrients including beta-carotene, lutein, and zeaxanthin, which protect our cells from damage and our eyes from age-related problems, among many other effects. Dark green leaves even contain small amounts of Omega-3 fats."





I like buying organic whenever possible so when these went on sale I stocked up! Organic fruits and vegetables are much higher in nutrients than their counterparts and also you don't have to be concerned with pesticides and other unhealthy chemicals.




RAW Garden of Life products are great! I choose to buy plant based protein because I feel it is easy for my body to digest. 

You can purchase RAW Garden of Life products at many vitamin stores or here: 

Thanks for reading and happy health!

No comments: